Sweetest Day is on Saturday, October 20 this year. Here’s a recipe that pulls out all the stops - peanut butter and chocolate.
Maybe you’d like to make this for your sweetheart!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER POKE CAKE
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist preferred)
- The same amount of water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1-1/4 cups Hershey’s chocolate syrup, room temperature (or your favorite chocolate flavored syrup)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20-30 Reese miniature peanut butter cups, cut into 4ths
- Preheat oven to 350, or 325 for dark or nonstick pan.
- Spray or grease and lightly flour 13x9” pan.
- Make and bake cake as directed on box using the time for a 13x9” pan.
- Cool completely.
- Poke holes in cake - I use the tip of a wooden spoon for bigger holes, but you can use a fork or whatever. Pour 1 cup chocolate syrup over cake. Let sit until most of the syrup soaks into the cake.
- Separately, beat peanut butter and whipped topping together. Spread over cake.
- Scatter peanut butter cup pieces on top.
- Drizzle rest of chocolate syrup (1/4 cup) on top.
- Cover and refrigerate cake, but bring to room temperature before serving. Leftover cake should be stored in refrigerator.